Old Colony Railroad Collection (1846-1941); Bulk Dates (1872-1875)
Scope and Content: The Collection includes a pamphlet published in 1846 describing the proposed rail line between Boston and Duxbury. Also included are three passes to ride the Old Colony Railroad and a tourist’s map (1872).
Organization: The Collection consists of 1 Folder.
- “A Short Account of the Proposed South Shore Railroad from Duxbury to Boston,” 1846.
- Tourist’s Pocket Map, 1872
- Old Colony Railroad Free Pass of John S. Loring, 1872.
- Old Colony Railroad Free Pass of John S. Loring, 1873.
- 2 Old Colony Railroad envelopes, c. 1873.
- Old Colony Railroad Trip Pass, 1875.
- Note re: Old stage coach running from Duxbury to Kingston, 1904.
- Reproduction of 1810 Notice of Boston, Plymouth & Sandwich Mail Stage, c. 1941.
Would like to here about the dock for Drew house-Mr bill Ellioson would never not let them have a Dock-that remark was wrong-I was Bills personal care taker and the Adm. trustee for the Ellison foundation , I am the only left to care for Ellison name.