The Josselyn Family Papers (1865-1956)
Scope and Content: The Collection consists of 5 documents regarding the ownership and sale of Josselyn family land in Duxbury, MA. Also included is the Civil War discharge of John E. Josselyn.
Biographical Information: John Edgar Josselyn (1846-1920) was born in Duxbury, MA, the son of Issachar Josselyn and Frances Cushman. In 1862 he enlisted in the Union Army, serving as a private in the 38th Massachusetts Infantry. He was discharged in 1865. He was married to Josephine Freeman (1850-1894). They had three children: Louisa Florence, b. 1870; Lottie Elma, b. 1883; and George Harrison, b. 1884.
The Josselyn property was located on Depot St., Hawkins Ave., and South Station St., Duxbury, MA.
- Civil War discharge of John E. Josselyn, 1865.
- Statement of Sale for land of George H. Josselyn, 1956.
- Letter from Attorney Clement A. Briggs to Charles Eaton re: sale of land, 1956.
- Bill from Attorney Clement A. Briggs to Charles Eaton re: sale of land, 1956.
- Note describing the boundaries of John A. Josselyn’s land, n.d.
- Map of Josselyn property on Depot St., Duxbury, MA, n.d.