The Powder Point School for Boys was a private college-preparatory academy operating in Duxbury, MA between 1893-1926. The school was established by Frederick Bradford Knapp on the former estate of Ezra “King Caesar” Weston, Jr. In 1910 Knapp sold the school to John and Philip Moulton who ran the school, despite a disastrous fire in 1913, until 1926. The school was then merged with Tabor Academy in Marion, MA. After the school closed, the dormitory building was converted into the National Sailor’s Home and the headmaster’s house, also known as the King Caesar House, was sold as a private residence. Today, the King Caesar House is owned by the Duxbury Rural & Historical Society.
The Powder Point School for Boys Collection consists of school related items collected by the Duxbury Rural and Historical Society, including literary magazines, brochures and catalogs.
- Folder 1: Powder Point Monthly Herald, 1894
- Folder 2: Powder Point School brochures, 1894-1898
- Folder 3: Dance cards with pencils attached, dance program and invitations, 1884-1906
- Folder 4: Powder Point School calendar with photograph, 1907-1908
- Folder 5: Powder Horn literary magazine, 1910, 1915 & 1924
- Folder 6: Powder Point School catalogue, 1915
- Folder 7: Lester Wright Osborn day bood, 1898
- Folder 8: Newspaper clippings, c. 1920-1955
- Folder 9: Notes of Duxbury Town Historian, 1985
- Folder 10: Powder Point School pin
- Folder 11: Powder Horn Yearbook, 1925